Ashley Hotovec | June 2nd, 2023
Looking for the ultimate apps for nurses? In today’s world, our phones are practically an extension of ourselves. If you’re only using your phone to check your social media, you’re missing out! Changing environments and challenging schedules can be a difficult transition for some so having the right tools at your fingertips is crucial! We’ve pulled together a list of the best mobile apps every travel nurse should consider downloading.
Apps for the Clinical Setting
- Medscape: Stay up to date with the latest medical news, research, and clinical resources.
- Research articles
- Medical calculators
- Drug info
- Continuing education courses
- Code Scribe: Designed to help run a code blue.
- CPR and Epinephrine timer
- Alerts when to start next cycle
- Medication administration
- Copy code log and send by email
- Epocrates: It’s like having a pocket-sized encyclopedia right on your phone!
- Quick drug info
- Dosing calculators
- Clinical practice guidelines
- Med Mnemonics: An app designed to help you memorize those tricky medical concepts.
- Catchy mnemonics
- Topics ranging from Anatomy to Pharmacology
- MediBabble: A portable medical interpreter in your pocket to decrease language barriers.
- Languages included: English, Spanish, French, Mandarin, Cantonese, Russian, German and Haitian Creole
- NurseGrid: Balance work and personal life like never before!
- Carry your work calendar everywhere you go
- Swap shifts with other nurses
- Compare calendar with coworkers
- Pedi Stat: Quick access to critical information when caring for pediatric patients.
- Airway interventions
- Cardiac resuscitation data
- Age and weight specific equipment
- Age specific vital signs
Apps for your Apple Watch
- Medtimer: Monitor vital signs right from your wrist.
- Monitor heart rate and respiratory rate
- Counts number of beats or breaths for you
- Calculates BPM
- Vital Values: Quick access to specific normal vital signs for pediatric patients.
- Heart rate
- Respiratory Rate
- Blood pressure
Make sure your days off are just as incredible as your workdays! These gems will help you explore your new surroundings and make the most of your journey.
Apps for Nurses on the Move
- PackPoint: Say goodbye to the stress of packing, and hello to a hassle-free and organized packing experience! Just punch in –
- Duration of trip
- Weather at your destination
- Activities you have planned
- GasBuddy: Find the cheapest gas around and never pay full price at the pump again!
- Gas map with best prices
- Track driving habits
- Get gas rewards
- Log your fill-ups
- Moovit: One-stop-shop for all transit options during your assignment.
- Buses, trains, subway
- Scooters, bikes
- Uber and Lyft
- BarkHappy: Fur baby tagging along? Experience more with your best friend by your side.
- Find dog friendly places on the map and book dog-friendly hotels
- Find dogs nearby
- Dog friendly events
- Lost & found alerts
- AllTrails: Your guide to all things outdoors!
- Find trails nearby that fit your nature
- Plan your adventure in the app
- Connect with like-minded people
- Foursquare City Guide: Find the best restaurants, bars, and more!
- Join a community of people just like you
- Read short tips from others
- Add tastes, ratings, and recommendations
- Keep a running list of places you want to try
- White Noise: It can be hard adjusting to a new environment – never get a bad night’s sleep again!
- Wide range of sounds including air conditioner, beach waves, light rain pouring, and more
- Alarms slowly fade in
- Wake up feeling refreshed
If you aren’t already heading to your next assignment, let’s chat! 😊
Email [email protected] to get connected with a recruiter!