Traveling as a PT or PTA, just got that much easier. With the compact license, traveling inter-state just became much more fluid. Focus Staff has compiled some summary information on the process and details. See below.
If you’d love to travel, contact us asap. We are here to help! email@example.com
PT and PTA licensees who meet all eligibility requirements can purchase a compact privilege in a Compact member state and, in most cases, start practicing physical therapy in the other state almost immediately. The PT Compact’s online system makes the process of purchasing and renewing a compact privilege in other states simple.
Who is eligible to purchase a Compact Privilege?
In order to purchase and maintain a compact privilege you must meet each of these requirements:
- Hold a current, valid PT or PTA license in your home state of residence, which must be actively issuing compact privileges.
- Your home state must be a member of the PT Compact.
- You cannot have any active encumbrances or any disciplinary action against your license for a period of two years.
- The state where you are seeking a compact privilege must be a member of the PT Compact and actively issuing compact privileges.
What states are members of the PT Compact?
The Map (http://ptcompact.org/ptc-states) lists the current PT Compact member states and other states proposing to join the PT Compact
How much does a compact privilege cost?
The fee to purchase Compact Privilege varies from state to state. There is a $45 Commission fee and an optional state fee charged for each Compact Privilege. A list of state fees is available at http://ptcompact.org/Compact-Privilege-Fee-Jurisprudence-and-Waiver-Table
What are the jurisprudence requirements for a compact privilege?
You must complete the jurisprudence requirements of each state in order to be eligible for compact privileges. In some cases, jurisprudence must be completed before a compact privilege may be obtained.
How can I purchase a compact privilege?
You can verify your eligibility and purchase compact privileges through an easy online process. Once jurisprudence requirements are met the process takes only a matter of minutes. A step-by-step walkthrough is available at http://ptcompact.org/portals/0/images/StepByStepGuide_to_Using_the_CompactPrivilegePurchasingSystem_v2.pdf
or go directly to purchase compact privileges https://purchase.ptcompact.org/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2F
What are the benefits of purchasing a compact privilege?
- Faster – Online purchasing process takes a matter of minutes
- Efficient – Eligibility is verified automatically, avoiding the need for paperwork
- Inexpensive – Compact privileges typically cost less than regular remote state licenses
- Easier – There are no additional continuing education requirements for compact privilegesStill not sure if the PT Compact is right for you?
For answers to other questions about the PT Compact visit http://ptcompact.org/resources-tools