Chloe’ Sizer | November 5th, 2023
National Radiologic Technology Week® (NRTW) is an annual celebration of the vital work of medical imaging and radiation therapy professionals in patient care and health care safety. NRTW is celebrated during the week of November 8, which commemorates the discovery of the x-ray by Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen on November 8, 1895.
Radiologic technologists play a critical role in the healthcare system. They use a variety of imaging technologies, such as x-rays, MRI, CT scans, and ultrasound, to create images of the inside of the body. These images are used by physicians to diagnose and treat a wide range of medical conditions. Radiation therapists use radiation to treat cancer and other diseases.
Medical imaging and radiation therapy professionals are highly skilled and trained professionals. They must have a strong understanding of anatomy, physiology, and physics. They must also be able to operate complex equipment and work safely with radiation.
NRTW is a time to recognize and celebrate the contributions of radiologic technologists. It is also an opportunity to educate the public about the important role that these professionals play in our healthcare system.
Here are some ways to celebrate National Radiologic Technology Week:
- Thank a radiologic technologist. If you have a friend or family member who is a radiologic technologist, take the time to thank them for their work. Let them know how much you appreciate their dedication to patient care.
- Learn more about medical imaging and radiation therapy. Visit the website of the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) to learn more about these professions. You can also watch videos or read articles about medical imaging and radiation therapy.
- Share your story. If you have had a positive experience with a radiologic technologist, share your story on social media or with your local news media. This is a great way to raise awareness of the important work that these professionals do.
During NRTW and throughout the year, we should all be grateful for the radiologic technologists who work hard to provide us with high-quality care.
How to Become a Travel Radiologic Technologist
Travel radiologic technologists are in high demand, as they can help hospitals and other healthcare facilities fill staffing gaps. If you are a radiologic technologist and are interested in traveling for work, there are a few things you need to do to get started.
- Meet the requirements.
To become a travel radiologic technologist, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in radiologic technology from an accredited program
- Be certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Have at least one year of experience working as a radiologic technologist
- Find a travel agency.
Once you meet the requirements, you can start looking for a travel agency that specializes in placing radiologic technologists. There are many different agencies to choose from, so it is important to do your research and find one that is a good fit for you.
- Create a profile.
Once you have found a travel agency, you will need to create a profile. This profile should include your education, experience, and skills. You should also include any special certifications or licenses that you have.
- Start applying for jobs.
Once your profile is created, you can start applying for travel radiologic technologist jobs. Be sure to tailor your resume and cover letter to each job that you apply for.
- Prepare for your interview.
If you are invited to interview for a travel radiologic technologist job, be sure to prepare. Be ready to answer questions about your education, experience, and skills. You should also be prepared to discuss why you are interested in travel radiologic technology.
- Accept a job offer.
Once you have accepted a travel radiologic technologist job offer, you will need to start planning for your move. Be sure to give your current employer plenty of notice and to make arrangements for housing and transportation in your new city.
Benefits of becoming a travel radiologic technologist
There are many benefits to becoming a travel radiologic technologist, including:
- High salary: Travel radiologic technologists typically earn more than staff radiologic technologists.
- Flexible schedule: Travel radiologic technologists can choose to work the shifts and locations that best meet their needs.
- Opportunities for travel: Travel radiologic technologists have the opportunity to work in different cities and states. This can be a great way to experience new places and meet new people.
- Chance to make a difference: Travel radiologic technologists play a vital role in providing high-quality care to patients. They can help hospitals and other healthcare facilities fill staffing gaps and ensure that patients have access to the care they need.
If you are a radiologic technologist and are interested in traveling for work, consider becoming a travel radiologic technologist. It is a rewarding career that offers many benefits.
If you aren’t already heading to your next assignment, let’s chat! 😊
Email [email protected] to get connected with a recruiter!