Ashley Hotovec | July 13th, 2023
Congratulations on securing your travel assignment! Now that you’ve signed the contract, it’s time to shift gears and focus on what comes next. We’re here to guide you through the essential steps to take after signing the contract for your travel assignment. From reviewing the contract details to making arrangements for housing, we’ll ensure you’re well-prepared for your exciting journey ahead.
- Review the Contract: Once you’ve signed the contract, take a moment to carefully review its contents. Pay attention to the following key aspects:
- Assignment Details: Check out the start date, duration, and location of your assignment. Make sure they match up with what you were expecting. And keep an eye out for any special requirements or conditions mentioned.
- Compensation and Benefits: Dig into the nitty-gritty of your compensation package. Look for your hourly rate, overtime details, and any sweet bonuses. And don’t forget to scope out the benefits like healthcare coverage, retirement plans, and housing stipends.
- Compliance Requirements: Take note of any compliance-related obligations outlined in the contract, such as credentialing, background checks, and health screenings. Create a checklist of the documents and certifications you need to provide.
- Communicate with Your Staffing Agency or Recruiter: Your staffing agency or recruiter is your go-to crew during this adventure. Reach out to them and get the lowdown on the following:
- Getting Compliant: Get all the details on the compliance process. Ask about specific requirements and deadlines. And don’t hesitate to ask for clarification if something seems a bit fuzzy. We want to make sure you’re all set!
- Travel Arrangements: Find out what expenses are covered and get assistance booking flights and accommodations. It’s time to plan that smooth arrival!
- Orientation and Onboarding: Inquire about any orientation or onboarding sessions before your assignment starts. This way, you’ll be prepared and ready to hit the ground running.
- Plan for Housing and Living Arrangements: Now, let’s talk housing! Finding a cozy spot to call home during your assignment is key. Here’s what you can do:
- Housing Options: Reach out to your staffing agency or recruiter for housing options. Here at Focus Staff, we’ve got a dedicated housing specialist named Patricia who will guide you through the entire process and share some great tips and tricks along the way. Keep in mind factors like location, cost, safety, and amenities when making your choice.
- Online Resources: Go on a virtual hunt for short-term rentals. Explore websites specializing in temporary housing or connect with other travel healthcare pros on social media or online forums. Check out reviews, compare prices, and find your perfect fit.
- Budgeting: Establish a budget for housing expenses, factoring in your stipend or housing allowance. Take into account rent, utilities, parking fees, and any additional costs that may arise during your stay.
Boom! You’ve signed the contract, and now you’re all set to embark on an incredible travel assignment. Remember to review the contract details, keep the communication flowing with your recruiter, and plan your housing like a pro. Get ready to embrace the opportunities that lie ahead, stay flexible, and make this travel assignment the greatest adventure of your career!
(Note: Remember to consult your staffing agency or recruiter for specific guidelines and requirements as processes may vary.)
If you aren’t already heading to your next assignment, let’s chat!
Email [email protected] to get connected with a recruiter!
Like what you’re reading? Read more here: The Best Travel Nurse Housing Options: A Comprehensive Guide