Chloe’ Sizer | November 2nd, 2023
The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) is a national organization that certifies and registers radiologic technologists in the United States. ARRT certification is the gold standard for radiologic technologists, and it is required by many employers, including those that hire traveling healthcare professionals.
Traveling healthcare professionals who need ARRT certification include but are not limited to:
- MRI technologists
- Nuclear medicine technologists
- Radiation therapy technologists
- Vascular interventional radiographers
- Registered radiologist assistants (RRAs)
Benefits of ARRT certification for traveling healthcare professionals
There are many benefits to having ARRT certification for traveling healthcare professionals, including:
- Higher earning potential: ARRT-certified technologists typically earn more than those who are not certified.
- More job opportunities: Many employers require ARRT certification for their traveling technologists.
- Greater mobility: ARRT certification is recognized nationwide, so traveling technologists can work in any state without having to obtain additional certification.
- Increased credibility: ARRT certification demonstrates to employers that you have met rigorous standards of education and training.
- Commitment to professional development: ARRT certification requires continuing education to maintain, so you can be sure that you are staying up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies in your field.
How to earn ARRT certification
To earn ARRT certification, you must meet certain education, ethics, and examination requirements. The specific requirements vary depending on the discipline in which you are seeking certification.
For most disciplines, the first step is to complete an ARRT-approved educational program. Once you have completed your education, you must pass an ARRT-administered examination. Once you have passed the exam, you will be certified by ARRT.
Maintaining ARRT certification
ARRT certification is valid for five years. To maintain your certification, you must complete continuing education requirements. You can complete continuing education activities online, in person, or through a combination of both.
If you are a traveling healthcare professional who works in one of the disciplines listed above, ARRT certification is essential for your career success. ARRT certification demonstrates to employers that you are a qualified and knowledgeable technologist. It also opens up more job opportunities and gives you the flexibility to work anywhere in the country.
If you aren’t already heading to your next assignment, let’s chat! 😊
Email [email protected] to get connected with a recruiter!