Chloe’ Sizer | October 30th, 2023
The holiday season is a time for family, friends, and celebration. But for many travel nurses, it’s also a time to work. The holidays are a busy time for hospitals and other healthcare facilities, and they need all the help they can get.
If you’re a travel nurse, you’re probably wondering whether or not to remain on assignment during the holidays. There are pros and cons to both, but here are a few reasons why you should consider staying on assignment:
- Higher pay. Hospitals and other healthcare facilities are often willing to pay travel nurses more during the holidays to incentivize them to work. This is because they need all the help they can get during this busy time of year.
- More opportunities. There are more travel nursing assignments available during the holidays than at other times of the year. This is because many permanent staff nurses take time off to be with their families.
- A chance to make a difference. Working as a travel nurse during the holidays is a great way to make a difference in the lives of your patients. Many patients are stuck in the hospital during the holidays, and they need your care and compassion more than ever.
Of course, there are also some challenges to working as a travel nurse during the holidays. One challenge is that you may be away from your family and friends during this special time of year. However, there are ways to stay connected with your loved ones, even when you’re working away. You can use video chat, phone calls, and text messages to keep in touch.
Another challenge is that you may be working long hours during the holidays. However, most hospitals and other healthcare facilities are understanding of the fact that travel nurses may have other commitments during this time of year. They will try to work with you to create a schedule that works for you.
Overall, working as a travel nurse during the holidays can be a very rewarding experience. You can earn more money, gain more experience, and make a difference in the lives of your patients.
Here are some additional tips for staying on assignment as a travel nurse during the holidays:
- Plan ahead. Make sure you have everything you need before you leave for your assignment, including gifts for your loved ones, travel arrangements, and a plan for how you will stay connected with them.
- Set boundaries. It’s important to set boundaries with your work and your personal life, especially during the holidays. Don’t be afraid to say no to extra shifts or overtime if you need to.
- Take care of yourself. It’s important to make time for yourself, even when you’re busy. Make sure to get enough sleep, eat healthy meals, and exercise regularly.
- Celebrate the holidays. There are still ways to celebrate the holidays even when you’re working. You can decorate your room at the hospital, exchange gifts with your coworkers, or attend a holiday event in the community.
Working as a travel nurse during the holidays can be a great way to advance your career and make a difference in the lives of your patients. If you’re considering staying on assignment during the holidays, be sure to plan ahead, set boundaries, and take care of yourself.
If you aren’t already heading to your next assignment, let’s chat! 😊
Email [email protected] to get connected with a recruiter!